- Ph.D., Anthropology, University of Florida, In Progress
- M.A., Anthropology, University of Florida, 2012
- B.A., Integrative Biology, University of California, Berkeley, 2011
Dispersal of modern humans out of Africa, inferring past migrations using genetic data, introgression with archaic humans (e.g., Neanderthals and Denisovans), phylogenetics, DNA divergence dating
Vyas DN, Kitchen A, Miró-Herrans AT, Pearson LN, Al-Meeri A, Mulligan CJ. 2016. Bayesian analyses of Yemeni mitochondrial genomes suggest multiple migration events with Africa and Western Eurasia. Am J Phys Anthropol 159(3):382-393.
Grants, Fellowships, and Awards
- NSF Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Grant: “Doctoral dissertation research: Testing for archaic hominid introgression in Eritrean and Yemeni modern human genomes” $26,135, 2/1/2013 to 1/31/2017 (BCS 1258965; PI: Connie J. Mulligan, Co-PI: Deven N. Vyas)
- University of Florida Alumni Graduate Student Fellowship, 8/2011 to 8/2015