- M.A., Anthropology, University of Florida, In Progress
- B.A., Anthropology, Stony Brook University, 2014
African Archaeology, Lithic Technology, Ethnoarchaeology, Paleoanthropology, Human Evolution, Human Dispersal, Fishing Technologies
Smith, Benjamin Daniel. 2017. “Hunting in yellow waters: an ethnoarchaeological perspective on selective fishing on Lake Turkana.” Quaternary International 471: 241-251.
Grants, Fellowships, and Awards
- Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowship, 2015-2017
- GSF Topoff Award, 2015-Present
- James C. Waggoner Jr. Grant-in-Aid, 2016