- Ph.D. Anthropology, University of Florida, In Progress
- M.A. Anthropology, University of Florida, 2016
- B.A. Anthropology, Wheaton College, 2010
Africa/East Africa/Tanzania, Medical Anthropology, Maternity and Birth, Critical Global Health Studies, Anthropology of Development, Governance and Indicators, Care, Gender and Feminist Studies
Cogburn, M.D. 2020. Homebirth fines and health cards in rural Tanzania: On the push for numbers in maternal health, Social Science & Medicine, Volume 254, 2020, 112508, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2019.112508.
Cogburn, M., A. Strong, & S. Wood. 2019. “Choiceless Choice: Homebirth, Hospital Birth, and Birth Registration in Tanzania” in Birth in 8 Cultures. Eds. R. David-Floyd & C.F. Sargent. Long Grove, IL: Waveland Press.
Østebø, M.T., M.D. Cogburn, & A.S. Mandani. 2018. The silencing of political context in health research in Ethiopia: why it should be a concern, Health Policy and Planning 33(2): 258–270, https://doi.org/10.1093/heapol/czx150
Grants, Fellowships, and Awards
- Dissertation Fellowship, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, University of Florida, May-August 2021
- Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad Award, Tanzania, May to December 2019
- University of Florida International Center Research Abroad for Doctoral Students Award, Tanzania, May to December 2019
- University of Washington, Harvard, and Results for Development Transparency for Development Fellowship, Tanzania, January to August 2016