Southeastern Archaeology and Ethnohistory, Florida Archaeology, Monumentality, Ontologies, Experimental Archaeology, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Human-Environment Relations, Lithic Technology, Ceramic Technology
Lawres, Nathan R. and Matthew H. Colvin 2017 Presenting the First Chronometric Dates from Big Mound City, Florida. The Florida Anthropologist 70(1-2):59-69.
Lawres, Nathan R. 2017 Materializing Ontology in Monumental Form: Engaging the Ontological in the Okeechobee Basin,
Florida. Journal of Anthropological Research 73(4):647-694.
Lawres, Nathan R. 2014 Reconceptualizing the Landscape: Changing Patterns of Land-Use Among a Coalescent
Culture. Journal of Anthropological Research 70(4):543-572.
Butler, David S. B. and Nathan R. Lawres 2014 Modeling Belle Glade Lithic Use Behaviors: A Case Study from Highlands County. The Florida Anthropologist 67(3):113-135.
Grants, Fellowships, and Awards
- 2018 Florida Museum of Natural History Ripley P. Bullen Award for Student Excellence in Florida/CircumCaribbean Anthropology Research
- 2018 University of Florida Department of Anthropology Charles Fairbanks Award
- 2017 University of Florida Department of Anthropology Jamie Waggoner Grant-in-Aid
- 2016 Florida Archaeological Council John W. Griffin Award
- 2016 Florida Anthropological Society Student Paper Competition Winner
- 2016 Florida Anthropological Society Dorothy Moore Student Award
- 2015 Florida Anthropological Society Student Paper Competition Winner
- 2013-2017 University of Florida Graduate School Fellowship