We are committed to helping our graduate students succeed in our program. The following resources are available to help students complete their degree requirements, find and apply for funding opportunities, submit the appropriate paperwork for travel, choose coursework and understand student responsibilities within the department. Completed forms should be turned in to the Graduate Program Assistant unless otherwise noted.
- The Anthropology Department requires annual self-reporting of graduate student accomplishments. This form is used to report self-evaluations every spring and should be submitted to the Graduate Program Assistant and your committee chair.
- The Graduate Catalog and the Department’s Graduate Program Policies and Procedures constitute your contract with the University. It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with these documents.
- Graduate students are responsible for forming a committee for their MA and Ph.D. degrees. This form outlines the requirements for forming a committee and should be submitted with committee signatures to the Graduate Program Assistant.
- The Graduate School Catalog provides important dates and deadlines for every semester.
- Each student should specify a subfield of anthropology to study for their graduate degree. In addition, each must choose one of three tracks. More information on choosing a track can be found on this page.
- General requirements for graduate student coursework.
- This form can be used to request registration for coursework in Individual Study, Supervised Research, Research Projects, Supervised Teaching, Internships in Anthropology, Master’s Research, Advanced Research or Doctoral Research.
Forms listed below can be used to apply for funding or assistantships within the department and college. For more information about funding opportunities for graduate students, explore the site.
Teaching and Research Assistantship Application (Updated for Spring 2019)
- Assistantship applications are updated every semester depending on course offerings. Updated applications will be emailed to students through the department with listed course offerings available for assistantships that semester. Please follow the instructions to complete all the requirements for the application.
- The Department of Anthropology annually offers endowed research awards, this document serves as the cover sheet for research award applications. Each award has individual requirements so please review this document carefully before submitting.
- This form can be used to apply for additional travel funding through the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Students who take two or more semesters off (including summer) must apply for readmission, review the process for readmission on this page.
- This form is to be used by students applying to the University of Florida for recommendation letters used with their application.
- The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences provides forms for Incomplete Grade Requests, Travel, Study Abroad, and other academic advisement.
- Information on UF funds for open access publishing.
- The trajectory of MA students will vary, but there are certain milestones—outlined on this page—that should be met by the end of the first semester, second semester and final semester.
- Students do not automatically become candidates for a Ph.D. degree, they must be certified into the Ph.D. program by their supervisory committee. Review this document regarding expectations for certification into the Ph.D. program upon completing the MA or bypassing the MA.
- Comprehensive examinations are required for MA students after completing required coursework. Recommendations and requirements for taking comprehensive examinations within the department are detailed here.
- This form is used to report the fulfillment of requirements for non-thesis Master’s Degree students. Committee members must sign this paperwork in order for the degree requirements to be completed.
- This form is used to report the fulfillment of comprehensive examination requirements for Master’s Degree students. Committee members must sign this paperwork in order for the degree requirements to be completed.
- The trajectory of Ph.D. students will vary, but there are certain milestones—outlined on this page—that should be met by the end of the first semester, second semester, and final semester.
- Qualifying examinations are required for Ph.D. students continuing on to “ABD” status (All But Dissertation). Recommendations and requirements for taking qualifying examinations within the department are detailed here.
When traveling for research these guidelines must be followed. Please consult with Juanita Bagnall about UF Graduate School requirements for enrollment while doing research. Multiple funding sources, stays over 30 days and cash advances (when applicable) go through a much more advanced approval process so please plan accordingly.
- This is an information document that explains what is required to process your travel requests. It has links to all of the above forms.
- This form must be submitted by every traveler that is processed by the department. This worksheet must be submitted at least 2-3 weeks before your intended departure date however it is recommended that submissions be made well in advance of departure dates, especially for international travel.
- This form must be completed when traveling to any International destination. The department also requires a copy of your Team Assist Insurance card prior to travel.
- This spreadsheet can be used as an example when submitting multiple receipts to reconcile an expense report with a cash advance.
- This document explains how to reconcile a cash advance.
- This form is required when federal funding is used to pay for airline tickets that have exceptional circumstances. This form must be approved before the purchase of airline tickets.