Process and Timeline for Application to the Graduate Program in Anthropology
The application deadline is December 15. All application materials must be received in our office (not just postmarked) by the deadline for an application to be considered. You may email items to the Graduate Program Assistant be sure they arrive on time.
The following must be received by the Office of Admissions by December 15:
- Application to Graduate School. Remember to include or provide:
- Specialization: state your subfield: Archaeology, Biological, Cultural, Linguistic or a combination of two of these subfields.
- Degree Goal: choose Doctor of Philosophy or Education (even if you do not have a Master’s degree).
- A nonrefundable application fee.
- Official transcripts from each of the postsecondary institutions you have attended (in English and in the original language, if applicable).
- Official test scores (GRE for all students, GRE and TOEFL for international applicants) sent from ETS. The institutional code for the GRE and TOEFL is 5812, and the department code is 1701 or 1799. If you already have a graduate degree (MA, MS, JD, or MD) from a regionally accredited US university, you may send the Graduate Program Assistant a letter requesting to have the GRE requirement waived.
Office of Admissions
201 Criser Hall
PO Box 114000
Gainesville, FL 32611000
The following must be uploaded with your Graduate School application by December 15:
- Your Statement of Purpose.
- Optional CV
- Optional Writing sample (20 pages or fewer)
The following must be received by the Anthropology Department by December 15:
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. Please have recommendations submitted electronically through the online application system. If your recommenders have problems with the system or do not wish to use it, they may send their recommendations to the department as long as they are accompanied by this form.
- Copy or screenshot of your GRE score report (in case of delays in matching scores to your record).
- Official transcripts from each postsecondary institution you have attended.
Department of Anthropology
1112 Turlington Hall
PO Box 117305
Gainesville, FL 32611-7305
For more information about the department’s application process, to check the status of your application, or if you encounter any problem with your application, please contact the Graduate Program Assistant.