The application deadline is December 15. All application materials must be received in our office (not just postmarked) by the deadline for an application to be considered. You may email items to the Graduate Program Assistant be sure they arrive on time.
The following must be received by the Office of Admissions by December 15:
- Application to Graduate School. Remember to include or provide:
- Specialization: state your subfield: Archaeology, Biological, Cultural, Linguistic or a combination of two of these subfields.
- For Concentration, please choose “no concentration.” Concentrations are added after the first semester of study.
- A nonrefundable application fee.
- Official transcripts from each of the postsecondary institutions you have attended (in English and in the original language, if applicable). Unofficial transcripts can be uploaded with the application if official ones are not available. Official transcripts must be provided before the end of the first semester of graduate study.
- The GRE is waived for Fall 2021 admissions. International applicants should provide a TOEFL, IELTS, or MELAB score.
Office of Admissions
201 Criser Hall
PO Box 114000
Gainesville, FL 32611000
The following must be uploaded with your Graduate School application by December 15:
- Your Statement of Purpose.
- Optional CV
- Optional Writing sample (20 pages or fewer)
The following must be received by the Anthropology Department by December 15:
Three (3) letters of recommendation. Please have recommendations submitted electronically through the online application system. If your recommenders have problems with the system, please contact the department.
For more information about the department’s application process, to check the status of your application, or if you encounter any problem with your application, please contact the Graduate Program Assistant.